About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a leader in the network space to support Gap’s Global Distribution/Fulfillment centers, campus’ and voice environments. You will be responsible for the technical, architecture and engineering of a run-time operations supporting all aspects of networks. You will partner closely with the Senior Director of Stores/Datacenter Service, architects, product managers, scrum masters and engineering groups to deliver networking solutions towards delivery timelines. These networks are in direct support of centers and campus throughout the US, CA and Latin America with direct influence on other global markets. This role is critical to the success of creating a network strategy and operations, so we’re looking for an individual who leads with inspiration and vision and can invigorate our teams to drive our global business.
What you'll do
Design, monitor, maintain and lead Gap’s distribution/fulfillmnent center, campus, and voice network infrastructure. Own end-to-end quality of their product(s) jointly with product manager and architecture; own and maintains technical roadmaps for their product(s)
- Demonstrate proven success working across organizational and geographic boundaries Provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team building
- Provide excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences
- Drive simple and scalable approach to new technology solutions using automation to enable the organization to easily deploy and operate new features, capabilities and functionality
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and operate outside the comfort zone of established methods and procedures along with ability to gain immediate credibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and developing lasting, productive and collaborative relationships.
- Build a high performing build & run team that operates with a culture of business and customer centricity
- Ensures that metrics appropriate to measure their product(s) health are produced, reviewed and understood (SLAs, Availability, performance metrics, NPM, etc.)
Who you are
- 12+ years’ experience managing complex Network and Voice infrastructure especially in large scale supply chain distribution centers
- At least 6+ years of experience in a Leadership role building and managing high performing teams
- Experience in one or more Infrastructure automation technologies (automating network, host provisioning, and voice services) with emphasis on material handling and other relevant logistics/supply chain technologies/platforms
- Experience with DevOps & ITIL approach in running a superior service operations & delivery function.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks or projects to align with the strategic objectives and with business goals; ability to assign recurring tasks and to utilize metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Thorough understanding of operational support processes, excellent business acumen and ability to direct team in dissecting and diagnosing complex problems with a proven record of building high performing teams; effectively managing relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs