We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Seeking an energetic wordsmith with defined storytelling muscles, a limber vocabulary and a heart for working at a mission-driven company. We work (and play) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and we’re looking for a talented and passionate writer to add to our team. Yes, it would be nice if you have experience writing product copy for apparel or retail. But it’s not a deal-breaker, because good writers can write about anything. And sometimes a totally different perspective is just what we need.
What you'll do
- Use your words to help us take Athleta and Athleta Girl email and digital marketing to the next level
- Write and manage the product hangtag copy process
- Participate in and coordinate seasonal product naming
- Liaise with product merchants to insure all of the above happens efficiently and accurately
Who you are
- A passionate writer with 3-5 years’ experience in digital advertising
- The bearer of a BA in English, journalism, communications and/or an amazing portfolio—your writing skills are more important than how you got them
- An email wiz
- An adroit storyteller who can be persuasive in as few as 3 words or as many as 100
- An accomplished plate spinner who can prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- A collaborator who knows a good idea when you see it, even if it’s not yours
- A whole person with a full life outside of work
- A believer in the power of the well-written, bespoke cover letter
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs