About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The role of the IM team is to maximize sales and margin through the strategic positioning of inventory investments and the methodical management of in-season profitability. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Ownership of business spans US and Canada Online markets.
Pre-season- Own department pre-season planning through seasonal tops-down financial planning, item level buy-plans, and assortment architecture. Create strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams.
In-season- Owns department in-season yield management through monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment and in-season pricing strategies.
What you'll do
- Manage to sales, gross margin, and inventory
goals by creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments at the style level to support.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities across owned areas.
- Create department and class pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory pla
ns that align to company budget targets and support compelling commercial plans
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities. Create style-color level buy plans that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, and inventory targets. Manage monthly open to buy forecast; incorporate current trends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans.
Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience.
Cultivate strong working relationships multiple cross-functional partners to ensure business success.
Who you are
Business Acumen- Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management- Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
Peer Relationships- Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
Customer Focus- Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
Dealing with Ambiguity- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
Drive for Results- Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
Organizational Agility- Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
Technical Learning- Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications
Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs