About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager, Global Events oversees a range of Gap Inc. meetings, events and conferences for our brands and corporate functions. Event types include high-profile on-site and offsite executive meetings, brand conferences for up to 1,800 people, and a variety of small and mid-size meetings. This role will lead initiatives and projects supporting Gap Inc.’s Strategic Meetings Management Program, including technology platforms, vendor relationships, and data/analytics. This individual must develop strong, high-trust relationships while delivering high-quality events aligned with business goals and budget parameters.
What you'll do
Independently manage on-site and offsite Gap Inc. events, allocating resources to effectively manage all aspects of event production, inclusive of planning, budgeting, execution and post-event reconciliation. Events include field conferences and high-level leadership events, such as Board of Directors, executive meetings, strategy summits.
Develop, maintain, and reconcile complex conference budgets.
Reconcile programs according to departmental close-out process, including debrief meetings, final budgets, and negotiated savings reporting.
Achieve cost savings objectives by negotiating contracts with event vendors, including enterprise agreement negotiations with high-volume vendors; Ensure vendors meet agreed upon SLAs and implement action plans to address issues.
Maintain a strong network in the meetings industry, able to obtain benchmarking for strategic initiatives, and to stay on top of cutting-edge trends and best practices.
- Create initiatives to evolve department based on changing business needs and feedback from business partners, team members and vendors.
- Track department metrics, i.e. event volume, cost savings, and key milestones for quarterly reporting. Work with Senior Director to assign event projects to team based on skill sets and development opportunities; hire and manage contractors/interns as needed to support business needs.
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
8+ years of experience in event management
Subject matter expert in all aspects of conference management including venue sourcing, budgeting, food & beverage, meeting space, AV/production, registration, transportation, event technology
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Familiar with developing and maintaining a Strategic Meetings Management Program (SMMP)
- Tech-savvy; with knowledge of MS Office; competency with event technology providers preferred (ex. Cvent, Social Tables)
- Able to work from San Francisco office. Able to travel up to 30% for conferences, site inspections, industry events
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs