About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
We’re looking for a Merchandise Specialist to support Banana Republic Online. In this role, you’ll be responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results. You will perform daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision. This role is critical to the success of creating a compelling product experience on the site, including an inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details. We are looking for an individual who demonstrates strong teamwork skills through partnering with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
What you'll do
- Support in-season business actions with changes that include categories/sub-category, style or style color display, sort orders.
- Responsible for daily site review for categories of ownership to deliver elevated, compelling experience to ensure site is accurate reflection of Brand Strategy. Check product pages/image to ensure minimum requirements are captured and accurate
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy for site publish.
- Work with photo studio to ensure that all images are available and accurate.
- Work with copy to ensure that all products have complete and correct copy
- Site Mapping: attribute styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, and merge styles.
- Works with site merchants, site production, and yield management to add promo flags and set up sorts for online promotional events
- Run weekly report to track inventory and photo status of online styles
Who you are
- Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to present products in a way that's inspiring and easy to navigate for the customer
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management & organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, self-starter.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and in depth knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn systems and tools quickly.
- 1-2 years' experience in retail/merchandising/e-commerce
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs