About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
In digital commerce at Gapyou’ll experience and drive scale, impact and innovation. With one of the top 20global ecommerce sites we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – andmust – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have aproprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry leading thirdparties – that helps drive a strong customer experience and is core to ourcustomer strategy.
The Senior Director of Product Management – Digital Experience and Commercewill be integral to defining and executing on a product vision that takes thisproduct line to the next level. The right candidate will have a passion fordigital, a track record of driving a complex product strategy and anentrepreneurial, customer-focused mindset.
This role will manage ourinitiatives in ecommerce discovery and purchasing, our set of highly-regardedand growing mobile applications, and drive innovation in both our ecommercecapabilities and how digital contributes to the overall customer journey.
The right person will havea track record in driving impactful, quality, creative digital experiences,developing a strong and clear product vision and plan, and communicating thatvision and plan compellingly.
This position reports to the Head of CustomerExperience Product management and will be responsible for the following:
What you'll do
- Drivethe evolution of a strong and innovative ecommerce experience, balancing quality,innovation, business impact and strong customer experience
- Defineand accomplish significant impacts to our business and customer – in bothquantitative (e.g. incremental revenue) and qualitative (e.g. customersatisfaction) measures
- Buildand effectively communicate a complex product strategy
- Navigateand negotiate within a complex organization, including input from stakeholdersacross the company as well as technical / architectural / engineeringdependencies
- Ensurestrong measurement and quantitative understanding of customer experience(instrumentation) - opportunities, benefits achieved, customer pain points
- Fostera strong working relationship, drive for accountability with key partners -engineering, data science & analytics, user experience design
- Strongproduct leadership - driving best in class processes, behaviors, best practices
- Produceclear / strong product vision, governance
- Abilityto manage senior stakeholder alignment - buy in, communication, understandingof strategy
- Effectivelybuild & grow a team of strong & passionate product managers
- Createforums to engage business leaders to validate and build support for productroadmap
- Createand sustain a customer-obsessed culture
Who you are
- Deepproduct management experience & expertise – 5+ years in senior rolesdefining and executing impactful product strategies
- Previouslydeveloped and executed complex product strategies
- Strongcommunication and partnering skills – experience communicating productstrategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Excellentanalytical and commercial experience – a track record of driving business valuevia effective product stewardship, understanding business impacts and makingdata-driven decisions
- Builtand evolved teams – strong hiring, coaching and development of entry-levelthrough senior product managers
- Passionfor digital experiences and customer impact
- Directexperience in innovation groups or in early stage ventures is helpful but notrequired
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs