About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Visual Manager (SVM) actively supports the regional team as a resource for visual merchandising. The SVM is responsible for the development of DM’s in merchandise presentation applications. In partnership with RD and DM’s the SVM ensures all merchandise presentation initiatives are implemented within region and align with company expectations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Field Visual, the SVM acts as a link between the regional team and HQ teams ensuring product and regional differences are understood and leveraged.
What you'll do
- Partner with Regional Director on business growth opportunities to develop regional strategies
- In partnership with the District Managers (DM’s) identifies district business opportunities and develops visual solutions based on business acumen
- Partner with DM’s on all remodels and new store openings within region
- Accountable for the execution of growth initiatives within the region
- Manage regional Field Visual budget to ensure effective use of resources in region
- Reinforce how company goals and objectives at the Region and District level relate to merchandise presentation
- Communicate the Seasonal Brand Priorities within the region
- Provide clarification & adaptation direction to RD/DM regarding presentation and product initiatives
- Build constructive and effective relationships and partnerships throughout the Region and HQ teams to align support of merchandise presentation and brand initiatives
- Deliver in season and seasonal hindsight relating to product, presentation and competition
- Accountable for flow and creative decisions for high profile stores within region in partnership with DM
- Ensure RD has been consulted on all major flow and creative decisions
- Acts as a resource for trouble shooting product adaptations, windows, in season management challenges, and creative throughout the region
- Actively engage in weekly conference calls with Field & Field Visual Leadership teams
- Uphold consistent messaging of brand initiatives within region
- Collect feedback and offer recommendations regarding store presentation and marketing initiatives
Who you are
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs