About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is a critical componentof the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered withunlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsessionacross Gap Inc.
Reporting to the Sr. Directorof Advanced Analytics, the Director, Data Science & Analytics will lead a talented globalteam of data scientists to create the next generation of personalizationcapabilities to delight our customers across Gap Inc.’s portfolio of brands. You will own the vision and roadmap forpredictive customer modeling and customer data science, partnering withMarketing, Product Management, and Loyalty in driving data driven outcomes.
What you'll do
- Own the end to end data science process, from initiation todeployment, and through ongoing communication and collaboration, sharing ofresults to partners and leadership.
- Drive personalization, real-time decision-making, causalinference and predictive analytics capabilities through the application ofMachine Learning, Deep Learning, Simulation and AI processes in an agiledevelopment framework.
- Collaborate w/ business partners to identify opportunities,understand objectives, and rationalize efforts to support strategic businessobjectives w/ both short-term and long-term deliveries in an environment withhigh SLA expectations.
- Develop, mentor and guide a global team to deliver industryleading models and capabilities at scale while promoting engagement andemployee growth
- Establishment of best practices for knowledge documentation,sharing, and democratization working with and across our entire Data andAnalytics organization.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience in applied data science and analyticswithin customer/CRM analytics and/or Omni-channel retail, including hands-ondevelopment and deployment of predictive modeling/machine learning models.
- Commanding knowledge and understanding of machine learning,deep learning and AI techniques. Comfort and desire to balance cutting edge technicalsolutions with pragmatic operational solution development.
- Intellectually curious, conceptual thinker comfortable leadingmultiple complex problem work-streams simultaneously.
- Substantial experience with cloud based data platforms likeAWS/Azure. Proven technical ability with a variety of analytic programming anddata manipulation tools including SQL, R, Python.
- Demonstrable collaboration & influencing skills andexperience and desire in leading, managing and developing a high performance diverseteam of data scientists in a highly demanding, fast paced environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs