Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Manager of Pricing and Promotions is responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely execution of pricing and promotional events, supporting cross-functional collaboration to ensure financial success of the commercial plan and pricing strategy.
What you'll do
- Coordinate and manage all pricing and promotions across all divisions
- Collaborate with merchandise planning, merchandising, marketing, visual and store operations teams to optimize pricing strategies
- Communicate pricing strategies to divisional Inventory Management and Merchandising teams on a timely basis to ensure consistent and efficient execution of all campaign/promo events.
- Attends weekly Commercial Planning meeting (and any other meetings, as appropriate) to provide and receive updates on promo execution timelines, strategies, etc.
- Provides analytics support on pricing and promotional effectiveness
- Partners with divisional Inventory Management teams on the management of liable inventory through season code forecasting and profitable cost movement of liable inventory
- Coordinates and manages CSG (Custom Store Group) pricing tests with cross-functional teams
Who you are
- Exceptional Organization - Highly organized, and strong planning and time management skills. Strong attention to detail
- Powerful Communication – Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – A consensus building, upbeat team contributor. Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional presence
- Analytical Rigor - Ability to run complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role
- Structured and logical thinking - Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis
- Creative Thinking - A combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Able to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results
- Minimum 5 to 6 years inventory management experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent required
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs