About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Parcel Network Design – this position supports parcel transportation operations for Gap Inc.’s North American Ship From Store (SFS) Program. The person in this role works closely with Store Operations, EComm Brand Operations, and Product Management teams to develop, implement, and maintain SFS processes and solutions. This resource will develop cost, service, and process improvement initiatives, and identify and implement best practices to support the needs of Gap Inc.’s Global Supply Chain including: Consumer-Direct Outbound & Returns SFS Operations, and Brand Ecommerce Strategies. This resource will develop strong internal and external networks of third party parcel carriers and couriers to complement the existing operational teams.
What you'll do
Serve as the primary Transportation point of contact for US and Canada SFS operations
Develop and communicate SFS performance and parcel expense reporting
Support competitive parcel bids to include spend analysis and summary creation
Work closely with Supply Chain Strategy and Brand teams to support Customer Delivery Experience projects and initiatives
Conduct ad hoc analysis and provide analytical support to Parcel Operations and Finance teams in the development and maintenance of parcel shipping expense budgets and forecasts
Leverage third party parcel audit partner to support cost analysis and reporting efforts
Identify parcel expense savings opportunities, implement process changes, and measure and report results
Develop parcel delivery solutions which support the unique requirements of each Gap Inc. brand
Monitor parcel service provider delivery performance and take corrective action measures where appropriate
Display a working knowledge of parcel carrier rates and services and leverage experience to properly support the business
Educate business partners on parcel transportation networks, policies, carrier services, and shipping best practices
Display an understanding of current shipping processes, sourcing points, and distribution network
Deliver special projects, and support other Global Transportation initiatives/ functions as required
Who you are
- Strong transportation knowledge, including familiarity with Parcel Transportation carriers, services, and rates
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in stressful work environment punctuated by heavy shipping volume or project load
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills with a high level of urgency
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access and PowerPoint
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 Years Transportation and Logistics Experience
- 2 Years Parcel Shipping Experience
- Logistics systems user experience (TMS, WMS, Freight Optimization, Load Planning) preferred
- Previous retail experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of general transportation regulatory concepts/ requirements
- Travel Requirement – up to 10%
- Required to support/ work non-traditional hours – as the retail business dictates - to support 24x7 operations
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs