About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This role in the Global Transportation Operation Center, based in Erlanger, KY, will execute the inbound and outbound logistics tracking of domestic and international shipments. The transportation Specialist is responsible to ensure the successful movement and processing of Gap Inc. inbound and outbound products from origin (domestic I.T.O.s) to our DC destinations and to final third part providers across the US. This position interacts with individuals both independently and in conjunction with other internal and external stakeholders. Performs key functions that directly impact our DCs and Stores to have the right product at the right time to sell to the end customer. The work performed by this GTOC Specialist role ensures the successful movement and processing of Gap Inc. product through US to our DCs and third-party providers; in support of both our Retail and Ecommerce business.
SHIFT: Friday- Monday 11:00am-7:00pm
What you'll do
Responsible for the track & trace of Inbound and outbound ground freight shipments from multiple domestic origins to multiple domestic locations and Gap Inc. distribution centers across the US
Partnership with Domestic Truckload & Rail Carriers, ITO and DC locations to ensure timely pick up & deliveries
Share with Ops Leaders the accountability for On-Time performance to meet or exceed capacity and service requirements
Communicate opportunities and take actions to maintain/improve service and minimize costs in support of departmental budgets
Align daily decision-making and individual performance goals with business strategy and operating plan
Communicate critical information to internal and external partners in clear, concise, and professional manner
Increase stakeholder satisfaction and productivity with on-going improvement to communication, processes, and service
Who you are
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in stressful work environment punctuated by heavy shipping volume. Sense of urgency. Ability to prioritize, get results, and manage details.
- Ability to work non-traditional and flexible hours.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical ability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated team leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong conflict management experience.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/Powerpoint
- Must be able to read and write English
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta
- Telehealth: Live on-demand video visits with a physician 24/7
- Access to specially negotiated discounted rates for Vision and Dental care
- Safe & Clean Environment
- Incentive Based Pay
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Opportunity to convert to Full Time
- Weekly Pay
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs