About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
We are looking for a Director, Ecommerce Merchandising to successfully be responsible for driving the partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising and Global Inventory Management to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the ecommerce customer and business needs. Leading the divisional ecommerce merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals. Responsible for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal ecommerce framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and Banana Republic Online plans. Successfully coach, develop and guide an Ecommerce Merchandising team.
What you'll do
In collaboration with Global Merchandising and Design gain approval for ecommerce business strategies, merchandise messages, and seasonal assortments that incorporate the ecommerce business objectives.
- In collaboration with Global IM, establish seasonal strategies and financial plans; identify growth opportunities and ensure the financial success of BROL by meeting and exceeding sales, GM and inventory goals.
Identify, surface and size potential business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales and web performance metrics, CI data and competitive benchmarking; provide appropriate and timely direction to business partners and team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends considering all levers such as site changes, inventory levels and marketing opportunities and goals.
Manage team through web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspiration and transactional commerce, intuitive and SEO optimized navigation and clear and accurate product details.
Maintain strong awareness of competitive landscape, both click and brick.
Actively listen to cross functional team to ensure that innovative functionality and features are surfaced and acted upon, and that team feels ownership of outcome and the business. Must have a global perspective-authoritative voice with cross functional team as well as a clear understanding how business decisions may impact them and or the business.
Serve as a brand steward, through both product and site experience; gain support and alignment and trust through shared learnings and customer insights.
Manage a cross functional team to deliver on a strategically defined linking strategy that aligns to marketing ideas (tied to investment) to optimize conversion and drive the customer experience.
Drive larger vision to the team around the bigger picture implications of the ecommerce experience (interplay across the entire division of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how they inter-relate to overall marketing experience).
Who you are
- 5-7 years of retail buying experience including ecommerce.
- 4-5 years of management experience including ecommerce.
- Previous experience as Merchandise Manager is required.
Think strategically, conceptually and creatively –must have, and be able to articulate, a vision that is sharable by all key stakeholders.
- Strong Business Acumen; expert knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them. Identify areas of the business that need attention and have the ability to analyze the details when appropriate.
- Demonstrate agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach; has the ability to think strategically (high-level) and tactically (to drive execution).
- Must be the market-facing expert for the business (competitive and customer). Must be consumer centric and lead the teams to make decisions based on our customers wants eeds.
- Strong gut instinct and passion for ecommerce; take smart risks and be innovative.
- Strong influencing skills; must be able to effectively influence and negotiate with diverse audiences without damaging relationships.
- Drive change when appropriate – be a change champion.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs