About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
What you'll do
- HTML/XHTML/CSS development and site production (hand code)
- Creation of HTML/XHTML/CSS templates for online marketing initiatives
- Manage and delegate all work coming from marketing production and design
- Proactively define and communicate risks with production and upper-management.
- Assume responsibility for direct reports including coaching and mentoring.
- Lead training reviews with tech I developers
- Own deliverables of tasks making sure his/her team is on target.
- Work closely with IT Presentation Development team on challenging technical features and coordinating content development work that is related to larger ecommerce releases.
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs
- Asset management
- Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages
- Form and work in close partnerships with other Web Content Developers and leads, brand production teams, and brand web design.
Who you are
- Fluent in HTML/XHTML versions through 4.0 (including forms, frames, complex tables, meta tags)
- Fluent in CSS to include CSS positioning and tableless layouts
- Fluent in Flash Development to include Action Scripting
- Proficient in Web production tools
- Proficient with cross-platform and browser compatibility issues
- Working knowledge of JSP, JSTL, XML, AJAX
- Technically proficient in Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- Familiar with SEO compliancy
- Experience with various Version Control Software (CVS, Subversion, VSS)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience supervising the work of others
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to turn around projects quickly and efficiently
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs