About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the Product End-to-End (PETE) Team that creates, enhances and supports a client application that enables Merchants and Planners to plan for products to be sold in Stores across the globe. We aim to provide analytics driven planning capabilities to our business partners to enable faster and better planning with multi-brand support. As a core development team, we will be responsible for collaborating with business partners to design, build and support the business capabilities in the PETE Planning application.
What you'll do
- Build, maintain, and support enterprise production systems with a business mindset, keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, maintainability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and minimum downtime
- Understand and deliver on key business objectives
- Collaborate with architects in recommending emerging technologies and application solutions
- Collaborate with Product Management (PdM) and External Service Providers to develop and design on business requirements
- Drive resolution of operational and production issues in a timely-manner
- Ensure all production systems are always-up and always-available; Leverage IT solutions, monitoring and alerting tools, and custom automation whenever possible
- Participate in driving technical and architecture roadmaps, leading the operational aspect, to drive towards maximizing scalability, performance, and up-time
Who you are
- Experience in Java, J2EE, Springboot; Hibernate, Microservices architecture; Messaging - MQ, Kafka, Rabbit MQ; Databases - SQL, NoSQL; Cloud solutions - Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Azure PaaS; API development
- Experience with building, maintaining, enhancing, and ensuring 24/7 uptime and site availability for enterprise inventory systems, warehousing management systems, and enterprise order management systems in support of a global eCommerce website;
- Ability to design and review and build medium-to-high complexity business problems and product management stories
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of business processes across multiple Brands business and Corporate customers
- Experienced with domain-driven designs and test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience with application of Agile techniques and DevOps practices such as CI/CD
- Experience in using monitoring tools like New Relic and AppDynamics
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related technical field
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs