About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The L&D Lead is responsible for the execution of learning and development programs to support a DC/FC campus or Contact Center functions. This includes delivering to onsite and virtual audiences as well as competency leadership development for the Global Logistics network. The L&D Lead partners within the HR function, Operations, and business leaders across support functions to deliver programs and experiences that develop key capabilities to support campusegional strategies. The L&D Lead is responsible for leading training programs that address root cause issues to drive improved business performance and improve training effectiveness by identifying innovative approaches and techniques.
What you'll do
- Deliver intuitive, engaging learning content and activities that support independent and sustainable learning for a diverse set of roles, including hourly workers and exempt leaders
- Gathers data for learner and task analysis to identify effectiveness of training, impact to the business, best learning solutions and delivery methods that should be leveraged at the department, campus and network level
- Update project plans that account for work performance and critical deadlines
- Leverage design templates provided to support development of learning curriculum and collateral to build employee skills / competencies
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with business leaders and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with HR, Operations and support teams to market learning solutions and curriculum
- Maintain current industry knowledge in the L&D space
Who you are
- Partners with manager to support the development of training curriculum including eLearning, video/audio authoring and classroom content
- Owns delivery of learning solutions; including formal training, virtual classroom, and on-the-job training
- Proven ability to facilitate virtual and live/small and large training sessions to hourly and exempt employees
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, shares information accurately and actively seeks feedback.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and can deal with frequent changes, unexpected events and ambiguity
- Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Connect, Articulate and Photoshop as well as Learning Management Systems
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs