We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Athleta Mission: “To ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential” to life in the local community.
As the Area Community Manager, you are responsible to bring the Athleta Mission to life while creating a consistent elevated experience deeply connected with the local and regional community. You must have a strong passion for building relationships, thrive in networking and build a strong community with all connections. You are knowledgeable, engaged and personally invested in the advancement of fitness and/or holistic wellness communities.
You will also drive and lead the development and implementation of all Marketing strategies, initiatives, activations, in and near your assigned stores to increase brand awareness, new customer acquisition, and store traffic.
You will primarily support store and market-level events and associated digital and social activations. It will require you to maintain a high degree of cross functional collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit. Your creative and analytical skills will combine to create efficient, high impact marketing programs supporting best in class national programs as well as empowering our field to bring the brand to life locally.
What you'll do
- Build off of national brand strategy to Develop and seamlessly execute a regional community strategy that brings the brand to life authentically and powerfully within our markets to help grow brand awareness, attract new customers, and deepen the emotional connection with our brand
- Establish and lead new connections and build relationships with fitness instructors, holistic wellness experts and local organizations and businesses aligned with our brand
- Participate in brand marketing strategic planning initiatives and advance company thinking around the long-term role of Community in Athleta’s growth, providing field expertise.
- Drive the engagement and foster relationships of Brand Ambassador and FitPro Program community
- Ensure effective execution of planning and management of high impact community programs
- Train & coach employees to strengthen skills and competencies related to community activities and communications
- Assists the General Manager to recruit, hire and train store Community Coordinator
- Analyze community work impact to overall store and district business results and provide recap to leadership team
- Manage the community marketing budget to ensure there is a ROI on all events
- Expert and advocate for all community related technology
- Represent both Headquarters and the field point of view in cross functional work
Who you are
- 5+ years of applicable marketing, community relations, event planning, and/or PR experience. Retail experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable and actively engaged in fitness and holistic wellness.
- Experience in strategic partnerships, events and/or other related responsibilities with a demonstrated ability to build relationships that strengthen a brand’s presence.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through coaching, innovation and accountability
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Established time management skills and effective planning and prioritizing skills
- Strong communication skills; internally and externally, written & verbal.
- Skilled at working across functions in a matrix organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; strong team player with a positive attitude
- Experience in budget planning and management
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Social Media
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs