About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for Network Engineer in the Stores domain who will have direct responsibility for performing Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties for Gap Inc's Network Architecture, Operation & Engineering deliverables across global fleet of Stores. You'll be able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously along with being an escalation point of contact for various operating teams. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share out goals that positively impact our Store network engineering and operations functions.
What you'll do
- You will interface with other network primes; internally and externally to GAP and be directly engaged with network design, planning, implementation, and security.
- Able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously with or without designated Technical Project Managers.
- Provide final-tier support for highly impacting network related issues and events
- Responsible for development of network standards with a focus on platform, hardware, software and configuration methodologies
- Responsible for Network Architecture, operations and engineering within production and non-production environments across a global footprint.
Who you are
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
- 8+ years experience of recent operational hands on experience in highly scalable and availability footprints across various network technologies, specifically Cisco.
- Must have excellent network WAN protocol experience: SONET, Broadband, T1, DWDM, Dark Fiber, WAVE
- Must have excellent knowledge of network switching protocols: STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
- Must have superior network routing protocol experience: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP
- Excellent written and communication skills. Creative problem solving abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within Enterprise, WAN or Data Center. Proven experience in Wireless technologies and security practices
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs