About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Job Responsible for idea generation, creative strategy and overseeing the execution of all creative initiatives, while always maintaining cohesive brand vision. Concepting and overseeing photo shoots, campaigns, branding and marketing initiatives, video shoots and creative assets for social media. Deliver innovative and beautiful design directions and solutions that elevate the INTERMIX brand. Provide creative direction to digital team for all website updates and enhancements, while working closely with VP of eCommerce. Partner with marketing team to deliver a range of superior creative executions, reflective of brand position and proper hierarchy of message. Overseeing the translation of creative concepts such as seasonal campaigns into in-store experiences. Working closely with brand marketing and PR teams. [Travel Required: 10%]
Who you are
Education Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in design, art direction, or a related field followed by 10 years of progressive post baccalaureate experience in job offered, design, art direction, or a related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
1. Retail and digital (omni channel) environment;
2. Holistic creative strategies and plans that service key business objectives to elevate the brand image, pushing various communication tools into the digital experience, merging content and commerce;
3. Developing customer driven marketing strategies based on consumer insight, competitive understanding, brand knowledge and creative executions;
4. Driving creativity for luxury apparel retail brands as well as experience in communicating to a very specific customer segmentation;
5. Brand evolution, digital website optimization or Lookbook;
6. Video and image editing & direction including photography, illustration and post-production;
7. Production of window displays and set designs as well as digital flagships for brands; and
8. Digital and print skills to design books, magazines, signage, packaging.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.