Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The District Manager is responsible for fostering and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment that drives business results, inspires customer loyalty and maintains a highly engaged team of field employees. The District Manager is responsible for aligning store teams to execute against and achieve Gap Brand strategies and business goals. The District Manager is responsible for empowering store leadership teams to effectively lead the day‐to‐day management of their stores within a market including customer experience, employee engagement, merchandising and operational excellence. The District Manager works with his/her “specialist” business partners to ensure store teams have the tools and resources needed to drive results and further grow their local market business.
What you'll do
- Drive financial results by creating localized business plans and holding GMs accountable to implement those plans
- Coach behaviors that inspire customer and employee loyalty and enable sound decision making by our store teams
- Establish and foster an optimistic, inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- Coach store leaders in the establishment of career and personal development plans
- Reward and recognize behaviors that drive results and contribute to the Brand Talent pipeline
- Ensure customers product needs and wants are met in a timely fashion; ensure our stores look amazing and product is readily available on our sales floors
- Leverage Specialist partners to not only identify areas of opportunity and potential solutions to drive results, but also to provide on the ground feedback, development and coaching to team
- Partner with HR, LP and Operations partners to ensure market has plans to identify and address people, profit and process opportunities
- Business Acumen
- Inspires and Motivates
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Others
- Practices Self‐Development
- Collaboration and team work
- Innovation Management
- Champions change
- Drive for Results
- High Integrity and Honesty
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Reports to Regional Director
- Leads a group of General Managers within a Market
- Partners and collaborates with Specialists and Functional Managers
- Works closely peers throughout the brand
Who you are
- 3 years multi‐unit high volume, highly complex business experience preferred
- Four year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Multi‐store leadership experience
- Ability to travel between stores
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs