About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director, Digital Planning and Performance has acritical role as she/he partners with Gap brand in developing the strategy andexecution of their digital performance marketing programs. Thisis a high visibility role that requires an individual who is as comfortablepresenting a strategy to senior leaders as she/he is in developing forecastsand creating marketing hindsights.
What you'll do
- Partners with Gap Online and Gap Brand marketingpartners, and the Gap Inc. centralized Customer and Strategy team (CST) on fullfunnel integrated planning and execution for the brand – taking into accountfinancial, marketing, customer, and brand strategies for both online and stores.
- Optimizes channel, traffic and conversion, for Gapbased on brand, customer, and product growth strategies.
- Hindsights performance on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, highlighting trends and opportunities for continuousimprovement.
- Defines audience strategy for performancemarketing, in concert with brand marketing and direct marketing channel leads.
- Accountable for leveraging regularreporting/tools to communicate performance to Gap and share with peers at theother Gap Inc brands.
- Develop and execute day in and day out test andlearn plan to continuously improve and
- optimize media investments.
- Partners with data science teams (CD&A) to understandcurrent media mix modeling and opportunities to leverage data to informdecisions to drive the Gap businesses.
- Responsible for budgeting and monthly forecastsensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast,strategies, and guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully executeagainst the brand priorities and remain within forecast.
Who you are
- Seasoned consumer marketer with 10+ years ofrelevant professional experience; retail experience preferred.
- Proven experience managing large scale marketingbudgets with effective returns and traffic growth.
- Strong quantitative skills, MBA or relevantMaster’s preferred.
- Deep experience leading matrixed teams as directmanager or project manager.
- A team player comfortable with ambiguity.
- A self-starter.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Analytics / Omniture.Knowledge of tools across digital marketing channels.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs