About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As an OldNavy Associate Graphic Designer, you will dive right in at ground level,learning from and supporting the Graphics team in the creation ofseason-after-season of fun, optimistic & original art. Inspriing research,art creation, production work, building presentations and generally being readyfor anything are the FUNdamental pillars of this role.
What you'll do
- Assist in creating world-class on-trend apparel graphics and branding that support Old Navy seasonal family messages and align with divisional design concepts
- Understand seasonal graphic trends and provide analysis through online / in-store research, as well as gather relevant inspiration outside of apparel that speaks to over-arching aesthetic trends.
- Contribute to creation of seasonal concepts with team
- Create and maintain seasonal color palates.
- Assist in building presentation boards and materials.
- Drive opportunities for newness and innovation; exhibiting understanding of graphic layout, technique, color and detail.
- Provide all relevant development information and documentation to Art Director at legal review time
- Partner with Senior Design staff to ensure that all graphic and production reviews are well documented and clear action items are elevated and addressed
- Prepare and maintain graphic artwork production files as needed against seasonal milestones and pipeline production considerations.
- Archive samples, digital files, etc.
- 50% concept & design / 50% production & tactical
Who you are
- BA Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years apparel graphic experience.
- Knowledge of graphics production (e.g., printing methods, apparel graphic techniques, etc.).
- Strong computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Strong hand skills (Illustration, painting, drawing)
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong sense of image and type
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs