We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Allocation Planner drives the creation, management and execution of allocation strategies and inventory plans that support the financial goals and product strategies of the area of responsibility. Success in this position requires the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable strategies; and the ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships with Inventory Management, Merchandising, Logistics, Store Operations, and the Field.
What you'll do
Ensure store inventory levels reflect merchandise strategies and stores positioned to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals across a rapidly growing fleet of stores.
Drive the seasonal inventory allocation strategies that support the investment review strategies.
- Develop plans and creative solutions that support the commercial plan that ensure inventory levels are adjusted prior to events, communicate to the cross functional team any risks for events
- Create and optimize size and pack strategies to improve store in-stock and customer experience
- Track inbound inventory levels to ensure optimum execution of allocation strategies
- Create plans to improve service levels
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs