INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The role of the Store Planner is to effectively manage store inventory levels to support overall topside sales and inventory plans. This work requires strong analytical skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Has a localized point of view around the client, competition, space, seasonality and micro economic nuances of the stores and how it impacts their department(s). This is a collaborative role that partners closely with the Buying and Merchandise Planning team reporting to the Store Planning Manager.
What you'll do
- Build in season projections by store by department, communicating risks/opportunities to topside OTB projections
- Develop initial and replenishment allocation strategies to support projections, improve sell thru at the store, style, color and size level based on sales trends, store capacity and presentation
- Create Preseason sales and inventory store plans to support sku and depth targets and product strategies
- Analyze size selling by vendor/class; make necessary adjustment to maximize opportunities for future buys
- Proactively recommend transfers and inventory rebalancing opportunities to drive results
- Proactively identify business opportunities and communicated them appropriately, contributing to the financial success of the department
- Develop thorough knowledge of store and district level performance through extensive data analysis
- Work closely with Buying and Planning to collaborate on in season trends by location
- Monitor and execute the flow of inventory into and out of the distribution center
- Actively participate in business meetings with strong point of view bringing allocation and store planning perspective to the table
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency and accuracy of information to drive best practices
Who you are
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Possesses a clear understanding of financial measurements which could include; sales, gross margin, weeks of supply etc. and how to impact them
- Ability to analyze financial metrics and business trends and understand how to impact them; Make quality decisions when developing strategy or solving problems.
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrate strong communication skills. Can communicate effectively using multiple methods and across diverse audiences.
- Aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Desire to innovate/evolve tools and processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills / formula writing
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and adapt to fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Creative, Dynamic, Strategic, Results Oriented
- Passion for apparel/luxury/fashionetail brands
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs