About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Sr. Analyst is responsible for the development and execution of strategies to effectively manage detailed information impacting demand forecasting and inventory availability. Accountable for brand flow forecasts, delivery calendars and allocation planning. Works closely with Store Operations and Inventory Management teams to provide stores with delivery strategies that maximize company financial targets, customer service, inventory management goals and initiatives. Partners with Distribution Centers, Transportation and Cross Brands to achieve shared goals and problem-solve for capacity and speed-to-market.
What you'll do
- Owns strategies and communication of weekly and monthly allocation and delivery calendars
- Accountable for effective execution of daily allocations in partnership with the Inventory Management, Store Operations, DC and Transportation teams
- Create and maintain a dynamic allocation and delivery model to support seasonal replenishment needs
- Analyze opportunities and resolve issues related to DC and store capacities with cross functional business partners
- Coordinate DC and Inventory Management practices to ensure consistent benefit and information flow across all facilities/brands
- Analyze and enhance allocation, forecast and delivery tools in support of inventory turn goals and cost efficiencies
- Drive actions to ensure S&OP delivers to Brand inventory intent in support of the commercial plan, focusing on new flow and key items
- Influence and support strategies through collaboration with business partners to implement process and system changes
- Actively participate in training efforts to support Allocation best practices and DC process needs
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of logistical activities in support of real estate requirements for new, closed and remodeled stores
- Create Store Delivery Forecasts to Finance, Store Operations and Field
- Coordinate special-handling projects with all functional areas
- Represent Supply Chain point of view to all cross functional and field business partners
- Deliver strong and thorough presentations; clearly identify business issues and decisions
Who you are
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to develop and apply analytic solutions to solve business problems and deliver operational improvement.
- Demonstrated examples of working with business partners to deliver a solution that met objectives.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain complex business intelligence, financial reporting and/or supply chain models.
- Execution and results focused, ability to come up with new and unique ideas to support changing business environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Excel modeling.
- Knowledge of inventory strategy, supply chain management, and optimization preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, or related analytic field.
- 2-4 years of experience in analytics role; analytic consulting in retail/consumer products or supply chain.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs