About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Merchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store and online experience by partnering with design, visual, merchandising, online production, and marketing.
What you'll do
Develop, manage & communicate omni-channel seasonal strategies: Create department level pre-season assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy that aligns with divisional merchandising strategy and meets or exceeds the brand financial goals.
Create and present a compelling assortment that will meet financial targets and will support divisional and brand objectives both online and in stores.
Assist with omni-channel web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
Leads cross-functional team members to develop key-concepts, items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure the collection is commercially viable in each market and provides and exciting store experience.
Analyze Seasonal and Hindsight information. Analyze historic data, trends, product assortment, and competition to develop the strategy.
Make department investments decisions to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Effectively manage and support the clear development process of direct report(s) to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development by providing the appropriate tools and training
Who you are
- 4-5 years of merchandising experience. 2-3 years of management experience.
Omni-channel experience requested
Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them.
Demonstrate a clear point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
Demonstrates smart risk-taking in investment strategies and knowledge of the target customer and product trends.
Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written, negotiation, and presentation skills.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Product development experience preferred.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs