About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Stock Manager manages all of the merchandise handling processes, providing on-the-job training and supervision to all Brand Ambassadors who are scheduled to perform merchandise handling processes. The Stock Manager is also responsible for overall stockroom organization.
What you'll do
- Manages execution of shipment processing, replenishment, signage, and markdown procedures.
- Leads the team with auditing and transfer of damaged and defective merchandise, re-ticketing and charge sends according to guidelines.
- Tracks productivity and ensures team meets UPH standards
- Coordinates Stock Supervisor and Brand Ambassadors schedules to maximize productivity the shipment, markdown, signage, and replenishment processes
Ambassador for the Store and Brand
- Professionally represents our brand within their market as well as understanding our competitors
- Contributes to store involvement in Community in Action programs.
- Upholds a high-quality store experience for the external and internal customer
- Provides training, coaching, feedback and recognition to Stock Supervisors and brand ambassadors
- Communicates daily goals and priorities to brand ambassadors; redirects activities as needed to achieve productivity standards.
- Provides updates and feedback to immediate supervisor on concerns and Stock Supervisor and Store Associate performance
- Supports development plans that support performance and career growth for self and direct reports
- Holds store team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance.
- Supports efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education, awareness and compliance.
- Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State, and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
- Maintains standards of the stock room, ensuring a neat, clean and organized stock room.
- Leads the Stock Team in the execution of shipment processing, replenishment, signage, and markdown procedures; ensuring related paperwork meets requirements.
Who you are
- 1-2 years of retail management experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through motivation, inspiration and accountability
- Shows internal drive to succeed, and accountability for both successes and failures
- Ability to communicate well with others (at all levels of the organization) and provide clarity to the team about the mission and the day-to-day tasks and goals
- Skilled at recognizing great performance and excels at delivering constructive feedback
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in problem solving and celebrates smart risks
- Solid understanding of the business, and apply new knowledge to help grow the business
- Established time management skills and effective planning and prioritizing skills
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to maneuver around salesfloor, stockroom and office.
- 6 months Gap Inc. experience preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs