About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Advertising will manage the photo-shoot process in its entirety.
This person will serve as the account role from initial steps through final execution and will ensure that all assets produced feel on brand & relevant for Old Navy.
The Senior Manager of Advertising will support the Director of Photography as it pertains to the asset production process.
This dynamic, self-driven person will be critical in implementing processes and tools for shoots, will partner with creative business partners in the pre-production process, the execution of assets and the sharing of final assets. Must be extremely attentive to details and able to manage multiple projects at once.
The role will require the ability to drive results creatively and partner with key individuals within the organization in all levels and functions.
Must have a strong understanding of the brand messaging calendar and a great eye for detail & fashion.
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of the “photo pipeline” including but not limited to: synthesizing strategy, casting and shoot concept, creative brainstorms, shots counts, pre-production and post-production.
- Participate and at times lead brainstorms, partner with the creative team, online and brand partners, in house & external producers to execute necessary assets for the season.
Refine the existing creative process and drive ways to streamline a systematic process.
- Oversee and mentor a team.
- Need to understand key seasonal messaging for each season by event, for in store, online and out of store needs.
- Work with cross functional & online partners to understand needs within each event to ensure business needs are being met through photography. Pass off clear shot lists and asset needs.
- Need to have a clear understanding of roles of vehicles
- Travel is expected to represent Old Navy on-set for all shoots.
- Partner with production on creative details, shot lists and asset needs.
- Must have strong understanding of the ON brand and can easily recognize tone of voice, styling, look & feel, and easily identify the ‘Old Navy wink’
- Proactively kick off key milestones as it pertains to a project. Rally the creative team and cross functional teams to keep creative on track
- Pass off editing schedule to Asset Management. Drive post shoot production process for seamless handoff to in-season execution teams. Partner on tools initiatives and productivity.
- Partner with Wardrobe production team to understand line, sample availability and overall product stories.
Attend style-out reviews, Provide feedback and strategy direction when needed
- Work with cross functional partners to ensure all consumer touch points are consistent in messaging.
- Understand competitive landscape and current fashion brands’ activity
- Supports manager with ad hoc jobs as they pertain to photoshoots and advertising
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Must be able to work under pressure and ambiguity.
- Manage post shoot production process – sharing and selection of assets, etc..
- Ensure budgets, timelines and key dates for seasonal photoshoots are met. Raises red flags when in jeopardy
Who you are
10+ years in project management or brand management role
- On-set experience preferred
- BA or higher education preferred
- Experience in managing a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs