About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Must master all functions in maintenance in terms of technical skills and have displayed the abilities necessary to become a team leader in the absence of management. Must be able to troubleshoot any mechanical or electrical problem, and able to make sound decisions to effectively eliminate downtime.
What you'll do
- Must have proven proficiency at MIG welding.
- Must be knowledgeable about all types of belting and be able to make any necessary repairs to belts and associated equipment.
- Must have proven electrical experience in medium to low voltage distribution equipment.
- Must have proven ability to troubleshoot and install all electrical equipment.
- Must be able to read and troubleshoot from as built drawings and electrical schematics.
- Must be able to effectively analyze and rebuild all types of motors.
- Must have experience with programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC control. Must be able to size all electrical equipment.
- Must be proficient at troubleshooting and analysis of various types of reducers. Must be able to rebuild reducers effectively.
- Any required. Sweating pipe, black iron pipe, sizing pipe.
- Must be proficient at maintaining and troubleshooting all HVAC equipment in the facility.
As a senior mechanic is responsible for the safety and guidance of less experienced mechanics. Must be willing to assist less experienced mechanics by sharing own experiences and knowledge. Must act as a leader at all times and react to operations needs in a professional and timely manner.
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- To coordinate all maintenance work along with detailed, complete instructions with daily follow up in the absence of the foreman.
- Must have a working knowledge of all warehouse machinery and forklift equipment.
- Must know all facility policies and procedures and have the ability to be a team leader on any project.
- Must continue to upgrade their skills, taking courses on the outside. Remain proficient in all the maintenance areas required at our facility.
- Must be able to read and write English.
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Additional technical schooling is desired
3) Minimum experience:
- Must have attained the mechanic level II skill.
- A good background in troubleshooting, setting priorities, and project planning is necessary.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs