Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This role will lead the promotional marketing team across US, Canada, EU and Japan for Gap Online. The ideal candidate has expertise across marketing, finance/buying, strategy and team leadership. This role will own the creation of the promotional calendar and marketing that delivers a best in class customer experience while also meeting financial and omni-alignment objectives. This person must have a high-level of drive, accountability, openness to change, and ability to navigate a complex organizational structure and broad scope.
What you'll do
- Create promotional calendar supporting online business with omni-lens across 4 markets
- Brief and approve creative tied to promotional events
- Own recapping and assessment of events to constantly improve
- Innovate within the promotional space
- Lead a team of 8, including two direct reports
- Work closely with company planning, buying, Web GM’s, and omni-partners
Who you are
- Strong presentation and leadership skills, working with C-level executives.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skill set to drive recommendations rooted in data.
- Organized with high attention to detail and process.
- Openness to change. Change doesn’t get you down, it invigorates you and challenges you to think differently.
- Excels in a fast paced environment with strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to accommodate off-hours phone calls to work with international teams. (no travel required)
- 10+ years of experience. MBA a Plus.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs