INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The Director of e-Commerce Operations is responsible for leading a team that delivers an innovative and engaging customer experience, develop strategic direction, expand the desktop and mobile capabilities, establish and manage the end to end digital product roadmap, and drive the day to day ecommerce business. The individual will develop, mentor, and lead a broad, multi-functional team consisting of digital operations/production, site merchandising, product copy, technical management with internal and external third parties, and customer care teams. The ideal candidate will enjoy leading within an entrepreneurial environment, being equally comfortable driving strategy and being in the details of the business.
What you'll do
- Create and own e-Commerce technology roadmap: inclusive of strategy, budget, PM ownership, execution and maintenance
- Translate business needs/strategy into a relevant customer experience development plan, leading to concrete UX and site experience, content, and technical requirements.
- Benchmark improve/establish, and track SOPs and SLA targets across ecommerce operations, and technology for rapid growth with a weekly reporting cadence.
- Lead evolution of Customer Service strategy and execution including our Ship from Store program, fulfillment, communication plans, and product delivery. Manage all order escalation and exception order routing. Own executive reporting on customer experience.
- Collect, analyze and utilize key business metrics to drive conversion and revenue objectives.
- Partner with Digital Marketing and Creative on optimizing and developing innovative site design enhancements including homepage and PDP redesigns, landing page design, that improve the customer experience, and align with brand strategic initiatives.
- Oversee merchandising of product throughout the site to achieve demand targets and improve the customer experience
Who you are
- BA in Business, Finance, Marketing and 7+ years of experience in a direct to consumer retail environment with leadership level experience in eCommerce
- Proven experience building and leading a Digital/eCommerce operation, from conception through delivery with quantifiable results in a multi-channel environment
- Proven talent management experience providing coaching and mentoring staff to solve problems, make independent decisions, and work effectively under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate on complicated concepts and recommend courses of action
- Capacity to continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs