About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Strategic SourcingCategory Manager 2, you will have responsibility to execute transactionsbetween Gap business units and suppliers for acquisition of software licensingand related support and professional services. You will manage all aspects of negotiating contract terms and pricing,as well as gather spend and data analysis, ensure process and policycompliance, evaluate market research, and facilitate ongoing support. Category Managers also play an active role inprocess and system improvements within Strategic Sourcing, in collaborationwith suppliers and business partners.· Create, implement and refine category strategies
What you'll do
- Manage relationships with key strategic vendors and suppliers
- Lead, advise and influence business partners with marketintelligence designed to drive supplier selection, price negotiation, and bidevaluation processes
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead competitive contract negotiations-- including execution of NDAs, SOWs, RFXs, MSAs, Quotes, and Orders, etc.
- Leverage industry associations, peers and stakeholders to identifyand implement category best practices
- Lead the development, evaluation, and presentation of business cases,TCO, and cost/benefit analyses to stakeholders and executives
Who you are
- Drives Results
- Strategic Orientation
- Customer Impact
- Minimumof 4 years’ professional experience in management consulting, strategicsourcing, or supply chain
- Bachelor'sdegree in business administration, supply chain management, or relateddiscipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Experiencein a dynamic organization with experience in sourcing
- Familiaritywith various software licensing models (perpetual, subscription, SaaS, Paas,Iaas, etc.) and metrics (users, CPUs, cores, etc.)
- Familiaritywith asset management, virtual and cloud computing concepts
- Abilityto interpret and utilize data; can tell a story with data
- Excellentplanning and prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly
- Abilityto interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
- Demonstratedability to effectively handle issues and challenging situations
- Experienceplanning and leading negotiations a plus
- Ability to learn andquickly develop subject matter expertise
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs