About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The3rd Party and Licensing team is the sourcing organization within Gap Inc.managing the products bought from a third party or Licensing vendors as well asprivate label partnerships and special collection collaborations. We touch a large number of productcategories; licensed apparel, footwear, accessories, jewelry, consumables, andbeauty all fall under our scope.
Ourteam provides end to end support - negotiating contracts, sourcing &onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, deliverytracking and complete production management. Due to the wide variety of vendorsand product we handle, and the trouble-shooting nature of our role, we get towork with every node of the company, from finance and legal to logistics andproduct testing to packaging and marketing.
What you'll do
- Develop strong relationships with vendors andcross-functional teams
- Partner with merchants to discuss any newstrategies/growth opportunities and recommend strategies to support businessplans.
- Work as liaison between design, merchants, and vendors in productdevelopment. Source new materials, techniques as needed.
- Partner with management team to source new vendorsas needed and manage vendor base and factory base.
- Review all products costing from vendors andnegotiate to ensure that all goals are met each season.
- Maintain and update internal systems with productand costing information - - Enter and maintain accuracy of data within multipleinternal systems: PLM, Bulk Uploader, Costing Tool, ACT, SCMS and Prompt
- Analyze seasonal assortment and create comprehensivecost recaps for cross-functional teams
- Negotiate cost, confirm seasonal bookings withvendors, and pass off final bookings with complete details for purchase ordercreation.
- Ensure product integrity and safety by reviewingstyles with Product Safety Regulations team, and analyzing failed test reports.Communicate exceptions to vendors and cross-functional team, ensuringCertificate of Compliance (COC) compliance
- Track all pre-production samples, review withmerchants, and send approvals to vendors in timely manner
- Responsible for meeting Key Performance metrics asdetermined by organization’s goals , including Ship On Time.
- Assist with vendor onboarding to ensure that vendorsare clear on Gap Inc. testing protocols, shipping requirements, invoicing etc.
- Build and roll-out seasonal calendars to all vendorsand ensure deadlines are met - Communicate deliverables and changes intimelines to multiple business partners
- Quarterly store visits to audit product assortmentand ensure quality consistency
Who you are
- Minimum +5 years of professional experience inproduct development, production, or sourcing roles, shoe experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Outlook andExcel.
- Ability to quickly learn & utilize multiplesystems for data pulling and enjoys this type of work
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and writtencommunication skills
- Experience working with vendors or manufacturers
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills withthe ability to anticipate and adapt to change in a dynamic, fast-pacedenvironment
- General understanding of retail math and/orcomfortable with numbers
- Curiosity and ability to learn about new productcategories quickly
- Detail oriented and highly motivated; proactive withwork assignments
- Product Development - experience in driving productdevelopment and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/categorymanagement
- Problem Solver - can proactively solve problems andeffectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and makingdecisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and culturalsensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executivepresence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadershipteam.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs