About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Drivers will operate Cherry Pickers and Raymond Reach trucks. Must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift hours. Works with peers to prepare and move merchandise according to the established safety, production and accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the DC. Performance will directly impact overall safety, cost and service metrics.
What you'll do
perates motorized material handling equipment as required based on department and facility requirements. Must be willing to operate a Cherry Picker and other powered industrial vehicles as necessary.
Loads and unloads cartons, weighing up to 50 lbs, over an 8 to 10 hour shift.
Perform data entry through computer terminals or Remote Data Terminals (RDT).
Understand team objectives and service requirements within assigned work area by listening and asking appropriate questions to identify basic customer needs and seek clarification.
Work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
Communicate daily with team members and management about operational procedures.
Support campus safety program.
Who you are
- Must be willing to operate a Cherry Picker and other powered industrial vehicles as needed.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as assigned
- Able to understand and communicate oral and written instruction.
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and constructive tone with team members and management
- Understand and be able to learn industry specific technology
- Must be licensed prior to operating a motorized material handling equipment
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons for up to 10 hours at a time.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs