About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry.
As a Software Engineer in the Inventory Management group, you will be part of our Global Supply Chain Engineering function. You'll build technical products which will help in placing the right inventory at the right place, and at the right time. You'll also get to build a robust, scalable, and quality framework to help allocate products from Warehouse to Store.
What you'll do
- Unlock the Inventory Management business by building algorithm to identify the optimal stock units at a retail store
- Help lead one or many allocation applications across the Allocation Product Group
- Collaborate to design, develop, test, deploy and support more than one allocation applications related to Inventory Management capabilities
- Actively contribute in driving both technical and business capabilities with help of engineers from different locations
Who you are
- 5-8 years of experience in application development using Java / Spring
- Experienced with domain-driven designs and test-driven development (TDD)
- Experienced working with a modern tech stack, in a cloud environment, and with DevOps practices including CI/CD
- Worked in Agile environments; collaborated with Product Managers, Architects, Leads and Technical Managers across the organization and in different time zones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs