Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Regional Assistant is responsible for supporting the Regional Director with general administrative support to ensure customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability, business growth, and compliance with company procedures. The Regional Assistant works closely with HQ business partners to support the execution of various initiatives for the field as assigned. This responsibility includes planning, managing and tracking results of various Fleet‐wide, Territory or Regional efforts.
Supports Regional Director with, but not limited to:
What you'll do
- Sales and expense budgeting recaps and planning
- Region specific reporting for use with Upper field and Store audiences
- Tracking and reconciliation of Regional data
- Scheduling and coordinating travel and calls
- Planning and securing logistics for Region and team meetings
- Managing regional customer service calls and information requests
- Gathering and providing headquarters business partners with accurate data from the field
- Supporting communication and acting as liaison between regional employees and headquarters business partners
- Settling Regional Director expenses and Regional invoices
- Coordinating regional financial reports to help leverage business opportunities
- Manage competing priorities to ensure all business needs are met in a timely manner
- Completing ad hoc projects as assigned by either Regional Director or Specialist and Support partners
CORE COMPETENCIES and behaviors required:
- Relationship Building
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Priority Setting
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
Who you are
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2‐3 years of stores and/or administrative services experience preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age with proven ability to successfully manage projects and task with high quality
- Proficient is all Office applications including Office, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs