We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
The Visual Merchandising / Assistant Manager is a brand consumer and brand advocate for Athleta Retail Stores. The role supports the General Manager in driving an innovative, amazing customer experience in an effort to operate sales profitably. The Athleta Visual Merchandising / Assistant Manager serves as an important field representative on the brand’s cross-functional team, partnering with the GM to execute on merchandise product lines, brand marketing messages, and key assortment plans, while helping to develop and execute a brand-right customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets Athleta apart from the competition. The manager is responsible for translating the business plans and strategies developed by the General Manager into day-to-day implementation plans and actions for teams.
This role assesses customer experience feedback and ensures the development of action plans for improvement, to address concerns, and maintain a consistently compelling, innovative experience that delights our customer and consistently exceeds her expectations. The GM models and can clearly articulate the Athleta vision and strategy to store team in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture.
What you'll do
Provides direction and appropriate feedback to support collaboration and productivity
Passion for coaching and developing store team to create a positive environment and shopping experience for the customer
Product Pipeline, Asset and Supply Management
Mapping, planning and timely execution of monthly sets in partnership with the General Manager
- Resolve store specific merchandising opportunities that require adaptions based on store architecture, inventory levels and business trends.
Ensures that all brand concepts are represented per company direction
Supports the General Manager with hiring, training and developing a Visual Team
Educates store team on standards, presentation and merchandise handling
Collaborate with General Manager to integrate both operational and visual objectives
Effectively manages time in order to complete all tasks in a timely manner
Clearly communicates visual successes and opportunities to the General Manager and provides feedback and ideas on current floor sets, tools and strategies
Drive a fun, exciting and rewarding culture within the store team that embodies the Athleta brand values
Communicate with General Manager any merchandise and inventory opportunities
Ensure company policies and procedures are followed
- Implements action plans to improve key performance indicators to maximize business
- Partners with GM to drive store employee talent attraction and retention efforts to drive maximum employee engagement
- Responsible for hiring and recruiting of store employees
- Provides on-the-job training to new employees
- Assesses the effectiveness of the team, and provides the appropriate level of coaching performance feedback
- Provides regular check-ins and on-going coaching/development for employees
- Creates, reviews and adjust schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels to deliver the customer experience
- Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in store through individual and team customer interactions
- Promotes community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty, partnering with marketing team in creating and executing community initiatives, events and promotions
- Fosters customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team
- Ensures optimal floor coverage to maximize customer engagement, selling and task completion based upon the payroll goal
- Serves as leader on duty
- Responsible for employee files and audit compliance
- Creates and outstanding shopping experience bringing Athleta to life through this new expression of the brand (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & online store)
- Has a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
- Creates an inspiring shopping environment through effective merchandising capability, high in store standards and compelling visual presentation
- Completes projects as assigned by General Manager
- Responsible for store opening and closing procedures
- This role may require a focus on one or more specialties including but not limited to visual merchandising, human resources, community involvement, inventory management
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core – distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal. Can communicate a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion
- Results driven – Inspires and motivates to exceed goals
- Skilled problem-solver – Applies rigorous logic & methods to solve ambiguous problems
- Effectively prioritizes and provides focus for self and team, with appropriate attention to detail
- Effective Communicator (verbal and written) – Clearly articulates point-of-view, adapts communication style to audience, listens and asks questions to solicit feedback, and disseminates information effectively
- Leads through coaching and motivation. Can build a winning team filled to achieve the same end-goal. Sets a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain strong, business-oriented relationships with leaders at all levels.
- Possesses a strong visual merchandising sense; knows the power of styling to drive customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of in store systems, policy and procedure
- Minimum 3 years retail experience with emphasis on store operations and/or customer service
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as appropriate to schedule requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.