Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Producer, Digital Operations (Content Development) will lead efforts involved in creating compelling content for all digital platforms. This includes pre-season planning, capacity management across digital teams, and in-season partnership with the Content Delivery team. S/he must be comfortable working across multiple teams, on short and long-term projects, taking projects from concept to final approval. S/he will also oversee creation of content for desktop, mobile, email, and social audiences using Content Management Systems (CMS) and native social platforms. They will utilize knowledge of ecommerce and merchandising metrics, and leverage data and cross-functional partnerships to inform difficult decision-making and execute complex strategies.
In addition to project management, the Senior Producer works with the Head of Digital Operations and cross-functional teams to define and evolve processes that address operational needs and improve efficiency – a constant opportunity for a growing team.
What you'll do
- Owns the definition and implementation of the seasonal pipeline for Gap Online business.
- Supports and leverages the development of cross-functional processes, systems, and training, driving cross-functional teams to execute tasks and deliverables on time, ensuring that scope and schedule expectations are clearly defined.
- Works with team to maintain most efficient and effective processes and communication methods to manage projects and implement process change when needed.
- Acts as an advocate within the brand for overall site quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for resource planning and capacity management for all projects.
- Utilizes key metrics for planning and prioritizing work; endorses usage and improvement of metrics across the team.
- Responsible for direct management of Producers on the team. Manages career planning, training and advancement for each individual.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of production experience of which 3 years of consumer based online experience (retail preferred) and 3 years of leadership experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with localization and international ecommerce markets.
- Exemplary ability to quickly analyze project requests and to determine technical feasibility, required activities, and the appropriate resources required.
- Strong working knowledge of web production and release processes, including direct experience with website tools and technology.
- Ability to influence, define, and coordinate, activities among cross-functional, cross-channel teams; especially with regards to marketing/creative processes.
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels across the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in people management and development
- Strong project management background, ideally with large-scale projects.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs