Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Director of Store Planning & Allocation leads the team responsible for pre- & in-season store inventory strategies for North America and Real Estate activities. He/she partners closely with merchandise planning to translate financial plans and create, manage and execute allocation and replenishment strategies to ensure profitable inventory allocation across stores. This position also works closely with Merchandising partners to ensure store level inventory supports product strategies.
What you'll do
Collaborate with cross functional teams to align on investment quantities and flow forecasts that support the commercial plan, communicate and quantify any risk associated with inventory buys and create solution options to help offset changes.
Lead the DF-planned Basics product plans in line with style/class level allocation and financial forecasts, partner and negotiate with Merchandise Planning on future receipts
Improve forecast accuracy, track receipt projections, and in-season allocation strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk
Store Inventory Depth Planning
Drive inventory depth planning to support store/category opportunities to continuously improve GMROI and sell through across the fleet
Ensure total store inventory levels reflect the Merchandise & Inventory Management strategies, incorporate field identified opportunities and ensue stores are properly allocated to support sales, comp, gross margin & GMROI expectations
Real Estate & Store Assortment Planning
Own execution for all brand real estate activity, including new stores, closures and remodels
Active role in assortment change strategies, process, communication and execution
Who you are
- Experience with/knowledge of inventory management, IT systems, product pipeline process design, promotional strategies and team management, training and development.
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers, cross functional partners, and executive/senior leaders
- Superior communication skills- to communicate high level vision to senior management as well as tactical direction to the teams.
- Superior leadership skills of both direct reports and cross functional teams; ideal candidate will have 7+ years people management experience
- Strong ability to prioritize and focus on only key initiatives to drive the business (80/20).
- Demonstrated ability to approach opportunities with a problem-solving mindset.
- Demonstrated strong ability to empower others and lead to drive results.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs