About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Online Merchandising Analyst is responsible for site management – overseeing category sorts that drive customer engagement on site, driving sales and conversion to meet financial objectives.
What you'll do
- Size Scales & Packing PO’s
- Owns running size selling for fashion and basic styles for the prior season, analyzing, and proposing size profiles for future seasons, as well as presenting updated proposed scales out to the Buying team.
- Manages sizing and packing quarterly PO’s post-buy planning based on updated size selling.
In-season + Site Management
- Responsible for entering and approving pricing into TPX prior to the start of each new Promo Set as well as ad hock updates.
- Weekly Reporting – Daily Demand, Top 30, Division Performance.
- Review Omniture reporting to understand customer’s preferences, reviewing findings with Buying counterparts, partnering together to apply learnings to future concepts, linking and sorting.
- Markup & Low Price Reports – fix styles on the markup and low price reports.
- No Sales – update no sales file noting why styles aren’t on site and troubleshooting on how to ensure these styles populate in a timely manner, alerting the buying team of any issues.
- Tickets – open tickets as needed for site or style issues.
- Partner with Buyers to provide a holistic view of commercial plan, for promo deliverables and forward looking campaign strategies .
- Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge.
- Track DC inventory stocking each month, escalating any major shifts in receipts to buying team.
- Partner with USOL counterpart on a weekly basis to understand site strategy, changes, and tactical.
- TY/LY Site Comparison to identify category messaging shifts year over year
- Request photography for all Canada exclusive product. Execute shop strategies and promotional plans ensuring a compelling product assortment that will meet overall business objectives for Canada
- Heads site management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Customer focused ensuring featured marketing styles and messaging are easy for customer to find commercial plan messaging is satisfied
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years work experience
- Retail experience preferred.
- Customer and product centric.
- Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Able to build effective relationships within the Buying team and with the greater cross-functional teams that work with the core Buying team.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to absorb information quickly and efficiently filter information to the appropriate teams, leaders, and individuals.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ambitious, and ever-changing environment
- A go-getter. Positive and can do attitude is a must!
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs