About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
What you'll do
- As a member of the Banana Republic leadership team, provides support and serves as the strategic business partner to Store Director / General Manager(s). The Flag HRM is responsible for HR functions in the building including employee relations, staffing, training, performance management, compensation administration, management development and the focal review process.
- Learning and Development: Evaluate and drive Leadership Team effectiveness through observation, feedback, and teambuilding. Enhance leadership capability by assessing development needs and focusing on top talent development. Serves as resource and decision partner for store leadership team on all aspects of performance management. Act as a resource to managers and employees on a wide variety of human resources topics and guide employees to people, tools and resources.
- Employee Relations: Conduct ER investigations and analyze potential risk to develop and execute plans to address problem areas. Support HR/ER strategy/process for COBC cases and open door related concerns. Responsible for maintaining communication on all HR issues and concerns.
- Employee Engagement: Responsible to ensure a positive store environment and employee experience. Monitors associate retention and proactively identifies opportunities to enhance employee experience. Analyze engagement results and create effective action plans to achieve employee satisfaction. Provide counseling and guidance, facilitate communication, and help to resolve conflicts.
- Employee Experience: Manages execution of full life cycle recruitment and retention strategies to include establishing goals for leaders. Responsible to support/drive people initiatives to build talent pipeline including; succession plans, and the talent assessment processes. Works in partnership with Store Director/GM(s) to determine optimal staffing levels and compensation based on guidelines. Key partner in the Annual Review process to support the Store Director/GM(s)
- Policy & Procedure: Guide, train, and direct business partners on the execution of HR policies and processes to ensue appropriate legal and corporate compliance. Ensures compliance to all Company policies, procedures and applicable employment laws and regulations.
Who you are
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs