We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Business Development, the Senior Analyst is responsible for collaborating with a wide range of functional business partners to solve business problems and influencing senior leadership to advance Athleta’s overall brand priorities and long-range growth plans. The Senior Analyst of Strategy will be responsible for supporting the identification, development, and implementation of new growth opportunities across Products, Channels, and Markets through competitive intelligence, as well as business and financial analytics. The Senior Analyst will have the unique opportunity to work closely on the Product front in collaboration with our Merchandising Category Leads. We are looking for someone who possesses strong strategic mindset, analytical skills, project management experience, and retail industry knowledge. The candidate selected for this role will be expected to identify issues, form hypotheses, design and conduct analyses, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations to help implement change.
What you'll do
- Support development of both annual Brand Priorities and Long-Range Plan (LRP) including identification and prioritization of key initiatives, financial and business case modeling, as well as market and competitive assessment
- Collaborating with Merchandising Category Leads to identify white-space product opportunities, refine long-term product vision, monitor and report monthly / quarterly competitive positions, and participate in pre-season ideation and planning process to ensure successful execution of our overall product strategy
- Initiate ad-hoc analyses to solve business problems, create alternatives, and guide business and investment decisions
- Influence the organization’s decision making by providing actionable views of market & competitor insights, consumer insights, macro trend insights, and internal performance analysis
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-divisional relationships
- Cultivate a positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment
Who you are
- Analytical Rigor: Structured and meticulous with strong analytical background and a curiosity to peel the layers away for deeper insights
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Financial & Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions. Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Planning & Process Management: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Possess strong organizational and time management skills. Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions
- Collaboration & Influence: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners to navigate complex situations. Can effectively influence and present ideas that lead others to action
- Systems & Tools Expertise: Expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of proven business experience preferably in the retail, consulting or investment banking industry
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs