About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
To assist in the general maintenance and janitorial upkeep of the entire facility. The maintenance mechanic I job level is intended to classify this employee as a maintenance trainee, who is involved with the following job responsibilities.
What you'll do
- Mechanical Helper: Mechanical aptitude, basic mechanical such as auto repair, helper status at other jobs.
- Electrical Helper: 110 volts electric, such as extension cords, fan cords, lights, and ballast changes.
- Janitorial Assistant – Use of scrubbers, basic use of chemicals for cleaning, shampoo carpets.
- Plumbing Helper – Unclog drains and toilets, use drain cleaning machines, propane torch use.
- PM Project – Lubrication, cleaning conveyor, removing strap and string.
- Forklift – Be able to qualify for driving a forklift.
- Batteries – Changing, check water levels, cleaning.
Can be helper to any class worker or work along on basic unsupervised projects. Can be used in any area of janitorial or mechanical maintenance to the need of the company. Receives primary direction from the foreman and guidance from the maintenance mechanics II or III.
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Must be able to read and write English
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School and Technical School preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs