About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
The VP Data & Analytics will be responsible for overseeing Data Analysts embedded within teams (e.g. brands and functions) across the enterprise to drive business outcomes through the adoption of analytics. This team will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing the strategic initiatives related to data and ensuring those are delivered. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Data and Analytics, this role will sit on both the Data and Analytics and Customer and Strategy leadership teams.
What you'll do
Lead, develop, execute and maintain a vision and strategies to drive significant improvement within the Data Analytics organization.
Partner with key stakeholders across the entire business (within the Gap Inc brands as well as the central functions) to leverage data and analytics to drive dramatic improvement to business and customer outcomes around the end-to-end value chain of the enterprise.
Perform analytics and leverage existing internal analytical tools to improve decision making and data and analytics strategy development for key stakeholders across the end-to-end enterprise.
Drive adoption of data-driven solutions by key stakeholders and business processes across the enterprise.
Proactively identify opportunities to evolve the data and analytics roadmap based on needs of key stakeholders.
Challenge teams and customers to seek innovative approaches and complete transformation to address problems and opportunities.
Develop and mentor members of the Decision Support and Analytics team.
Build a talent roadmap to meet the needs of the business.
Evolve the capabilities of the team as required to support the business.
Who you are
- Fifteen years of experience in analytics, informatics, data science, or similar fields.
- Five years of experience working with business areas on the development and delivery of advanced analytics products.
- Experience in leveraging best practice advanced analytics (e.g. predictive modeling, artificial intelligence, machine learning) to drive business outcomes.
- Deep knowledge of retail and ecommerce domains required.
- Experience working closely with executive leadership.
- An inclusive, hands-on leadership style with proven experience leading, motivating, developing, and inspiring a team of analytics professionals.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills, especially with respect to clearly communicating complex data-driven topics.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs