About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Corporate Controller’s Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including Technical Accounting. Through research and analysis, critical thinking, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and the issuance of the financial statements for our company. The Technical Accounting team reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
As a Senior Accountant on the Technical Accounting team, you will be responsible for researching technical accounting issues, the accounting related to our Hedging Programs, and providing guidance and support to business partners across all Gap Inc. brands (Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix). You will also be responsible for providing training and thought leadership on new accounting pronouncements and driving their implementation across the company.
What you'll do
- Responsible for providing technical accounting guidance and support to finance teams across all Gap brands:
- Proactively communicate with business partners across all brands to ensure technical accounting issues are identified and resolved.
- Draft memos to document technical accounting analysis and conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and collaborate with business partners to drive their company-wide implementation.
- Perform impairment assessments for intangible assets and available-for-sale securities
- Participate in special projects related to significant transactions and other financial reporting matters as needed.
- Assist in developing streamlined processes and serve as a liaison with business partners outside of the Corporate Controller’s Group to promote teamwork and collaboration across the organization.
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, CPA or certification in process
3+ years of experience; public accounting background preferred
Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
Strong technical accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
Positive attitude and dependable team player
Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Oracle and/or Essbase is a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs