About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
This position will be responsible for managing the brand’s FP&A and Control functions and playing a critical part in ensuring Banana Republic’s financial success. The Director position will provide broad exposure across the organization by partnering closely with the Banana Republic leadership team, Field Finance, Real Estate, Company Planning, Corporate Finance, and Corporate Accounting functions. This position will lead a team of seven Managers and Analysts and report to the Senior Director of Finance.
What you'll do
- Manage the brand’s monthly forecast, close, and corporate reporting processes
- Structure and manage Banana Republic’s annual budget and long range planning (LRP) processes
- Deliver comprehensive financial analysis with recommendations regarding strategic initiatives and growth opportunities through development of analysis methodology, financial models and presentations
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with brand and functional business partners, identifying key opportunities, as well as communicating and influencing strategic business decisions
- Regularly partner with Banana Republic leadership team and manage sensitive and/or confidential information
- Serve as point of contact for control and accounting policy-related items for Banana Republic, partnering closely with Gap Inc.’s corporate control group to ensure the broader team is educated on Gap Inc and GAP accounting rules
- Develop and lead team of seven responsible for Banana Republic’s headquarters/divisional expenses, marketing expenses, cost of sales spread (non-product costs), DC variable expenses, and global P&L consolidation
Who you are
- Capable of effectively influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and cross-functional groups in a professional, concise, and direct manner
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude - open to cross-training and sharing team responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Strategic, analytical, and structured thinker that possesses exceptional attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way
- Skilled at identifying sources of information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
- Strong technical mindset with proven ability to create, learn, and manage financial models
- Solid understanding of retail fundamentals and financial metrics
- Enthusiastic about working in retail along with passion and energy to drive results
- Customer focused – both internal and external
- 7+ years of experience in Finance or related fields, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field, MBA a plus
- Prior experience developing and managing a team
- Experience with a large consumer company a plus
- eCommerce/Omnichannel or apparel experience a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase/Hyperion is a plus
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs