About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
What you'll do
Maintain 99.999% uptime for Gap, Inc family of eCommerce websites
Analyze failures, mitigate them on the spot, and work proactively to prevent them in the future
Quarterback high severity issues as required; Oversee RCA process
Work with teams across the organization to build and maintain monitor-able, performant, reliable, and highly scalable software systems
Partner with Architecture team on best practices for availability and resilience
Analyze system and application level metrics for Peak capacity planning and for troubleshooting
Who you are
- You've been around the block with at least 8 years of IT experience and recent site reliability engineering scope
- Senior level Linux system administrator with networking and storage experience
- Supported end-to-end systems and software + high-scale web environments
- Scripts using Python, bash etc. and experienced in monitoring/metric tools such as Splunk, Nagios, New Relic or similar
- Experienced supporting Tomcat, jboss and other application servers
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure
- Comfortable working in DevOps and CI/CD principles
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs