About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Responsible for applying his/her Loss Prevention expertise and devise a Loss Prevention strategy and hold accountability within assigned stores (20 + stores). Takes a proactive approach to resolving losses within assigned stores through training and awareness. Responsible for all investigations, operations, training, and LP budget in assigned stores. Create and deliver Loss Prevention training to head of stores, merchandise managers and district management. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing and supervising of 10+ members of Loss Prevention personnel which includes LPM’s, ALPM’s, LPS’s, LPA’s and LPSR’s. Manage vendors, physical security, and contract guards. Work closely with LP leadership, DM’s and all levels of store management to ensure that all aspects of Loss Prevention are in compliance with company standards. Assist with Gap Inc. cross divisional initiatives, projects and committees.
1. Contribute to shortage reduction / Investigations 55%
What you'll do
- Develop schedules and assignments and oversee the general and daily activities for LPM’s, LPS’s, LPA’s and/LPSR’s.
- Assist with the implementation and continued execution of the target store/ shortage reduction program.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions. Determine the assignment of appropriate Loss Prevention resources (i.e. agents, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunities.
- Certified and authorized to conduct Internal investigations specific to brand/division. Utilize all available resources to identify and resolve Internal investigations in assigned store locations.
- Ensure all investigations, interviews and case reporting is in compliance with company guidelines.
- Ensure all external apprehensions and case reporting is in compliance with company guidelines.
- Conduct ORC investigations and utilize all available resources to identify and resolve ORC activity in assigned locations.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify employee theft through the utilizing POS exception reporting tools and all other available LP resources.
- Meet annual shortage goals for assigned stores and district(s).
- Review incident reports to ensure compliance to loss prevention standards.
2. Training and Development 30%
- Deliver Loss Prevention training to DM’s, store management teams and other key field positions
- Attend district/store meetings and calls delivering LP updates and training.
- Ensure awareness campaigns are managed appropriately at the field level by interfacting with Field Leadership.
- Responsible for coordinating the recruiting, hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of the Loss Prevention training program for Loss Prevention personnel as per company guidelines.
- Identify through succession planning top talent for next level career opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and administering Individual Development Objectives, quarterly check-ins, mid-year and annual reviews for Loss Prevention personnel.
- Coordinate and participate in storewide management meetings focused on Loss Prevention training and awareness.
- Participate in loss prevention training for the on boarding process of new hires.
3. Operations / Safety 15%
- Manage monthly LP staffing budgets in assigned stores/district(s).
- Follow-up through store visits to ensure compliance of company policy and procedures.
- Assist stores/district(s) in the creation of action plans to achieve shortage reduction and operational compliance.
- Assist store management with communication and education of all operational and safety standards. (Code Adam, emergency procedures, alarm testing, etc.)
- Offer recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as work place violence, protest and demonstrations.
- Ability to travel stores within assigned areas.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Supervise 5-10+ members of LP personnel. Communicate daily activities to the LP leadership, store management teams and District Manager.
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills.
- Loss Prevention investigation and interviewing skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems.
- Ability to manage first and second level Managers.
Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Wicklander or Reid interviewing and investigation certification preferred.
- 3+ years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Must be able to stand/walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs