About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Allocation Manager leads a team of Senior Planners, Planners, and Analysts through development, execution and communication of allocation strategies and inventory plans that support the financial goals and product strategies for their area of responsibility.
What you'll do
- Lead and maximize the development of Seasonal Inventory allocation strategies for the division/department which support the Investment review strategy, communicate to leadership risks and opportunities
- Identify and communicate issues or concerns with inventory as they relate to cross functional initiatives, such as market flow forecast, commercial planning, leveling etc.
- Actively participate during the commercial plan review to ensure inventory levels are adjusted prior to events and communicate to the cross functional team any inventory constraints prior to the events.
- Participate in the monthly review of VMI/Basics performance, identify service level or inventory opportunities, partner with team to resolve issues
- Oversee that team is tracking to size and prepack goals and opportunities and gives guidance as needed
- Communicate inventory opportunities during key milestone meetings
- Own partnership with field to communicate inventory plans & levels
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives and collaboration
- Represent the allocation team in cross divisional initiatives, such as market flow forecast, commercial planning, leveling etc.
- Manage team of Senior Planners, Planners, and Analysts; inspire and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and engagement
- Lead prioritization and organization of tasks, monitor workflow, and remove roadblocks to support team in meeting deadlines
- Balance workload priorities across departments
- Partner with Shared Service teams to ensure rigor and adherence to existing processes
- Maintain business processes and serve as Management SME for process improvements
Who you are
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
3-5 years relevant work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
2 years of supervisory experience, preferred
Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Possess strong organizational and time management skills
Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Developing Direct Reports & Motivating Others: Ability to hire, train, develop, and retain direct reports
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs