About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
OVERVIEW The Associate Production Manager supports a Global Production Team, which is responsible for the financial and responsive execution of the strategy & direction for a single or multiple departments. He/she works closely within a cross-functional team that includes; Product Development, Gap Inc. Sourcing (GIS), Merchandising, Tech Services, and IM and Allocation, responsible for strategies to support financial and responsive Production Management.
• Learning Agility
• Innovation Cultivator
• Collaboration & Influencing
• Develop and manage relationships cross functionally and with overseas partners
• Manage self development by scheduling training and educational opportunities (e.g., factory visits, system/IT training, forms and reports) and develop relationship with mentors, peers and all sourcing channels
Product Strategy Management:
• Annual/Seasonal Strategic Planning:
o Forecast annual/seasonal placement and validate through the hindsighting process.
o Hindsight Fabric Platform, Rapid Response and Placeholder effectiveness in order to utilize the best strategies for the department o Work with Product Development and R&D to identify fabric platform opportunities
o In partnership with manager, support the seasonal development of the Sourcing Strategy document from Global Production for department(s)
• Seasonal Costing Plan:
o Build financial construct for the season, partnering with Product Development, Merchandising and IM.
o Partner with sourcing channels on seasonal costing to achieve financial goals. o Examine final order placement
o Develop action plans for post-placement open issues
Product Strategy Management:
• Facilitate weekly production update with cross-functional team
• Partner with sourcing channels and internal cross-functional teams to manage calendar adherence
• Provide technical manufacturing expertise to internal teams
• Analyze large sets of data to be able to present findings and recommendations to cross functional teams
• Manage monthly in-store quality assessment visits
• Investigate in-season quality issues and, in partnership with Product Development Manager, drive to resolution
Financial Management (In partnership with Product Development Manager)
• Minimize liabilities by developing solutions and presenting recommendations to cross-functional team
• Review Open To Buy issues identified by merchandising and execute an action plan to achieve financial goals with manager input
• Execute Vendor Management Inventory (VMI) and sales based rapid response (RR) initiatives to react to trends
• Prepare and execute Placeholder, chase and/or fast track strategies
• Review and hindsight product placement each season to incorporate learnings in future seasonal sampling recommendations
Who you are
• 2-4 years production experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of Manufacturing – trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity
• Knowledge of Garment production – production cycle timeline, fabric, and garment construction
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications
• Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
• Detail oriented with strong follow through
• Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
• Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
• Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
• Participate in a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
• Make effective presentations
• Emphasis on driving and influencing business processes
• International travel required
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.