About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
With more than 3,200 stores in North America,Europe and Asia, Gap Inc. operates some of the most recognized apparel brandsin the world including Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Piperlime andIntermix. Our Global Supply Chain operations are critical because of the manytouch points involved to successfully deliver our products from the visions ofour designers and merchants to our customers. Our infrastructure enables theSourcing and Logistics teams to more efficiently guide our products worldwidefrom “order to store” across our supply chain.
We pride ourselves on working together,inspiring creativity and offering great fashion to our customers around theworld. Our dynamic, diverse culture celebrates our passion, commitment andintegrity. We offer competitive benefits, global career opportunities andprograms to help you grow with us.
What you'll do
- Lead the implementation of key Peopleinitiatives for Global Supply Chain; assesses the people and organizationalimplications of achieving the People strategy.
- Act as a resource to business leaders on allaspects of organizational effectiveness, including: organization designStaffing/Onboarding, Gap Inc. Performance Management, Compensation Strategies,ER issues/coaching, People Strategies, Leadership Coaching.
- Independently own key client groups:Responsible for developing and driving people strategies for client groups thatsupport business needs.
- Integrate ideas, provides innovativesolutions and develops best practices consistent with Gap Inc. culture toensure optimal support of the functions and the business.
- Define the people and organizationcapabilities needed for success. Develops and executes plans to help deliverthose capabilities.
- Drive behavior and culture change in supportof key supply chain initiatives, including Category Management.
- Link performance management to businessstrategies and leverages Gap Inc. tools and models to coach for leadership and managementexcellence, for teams as well as individual leaders.
- Use employee insights within the framework ofGap Inc.values to guide business leader actions that result in high levels ofemployee engagement and commitment.
- Assess and build people pipelines andworkforce plans; ensures individual succession and development plans are inplace to support healthy talent pipelines.
- Partner and build effectiverelationships with COEs and acrossmatrixed client groups to deliver people initiatives.
Who you are
- A minimum of 8 years of HR experience,preferably in a fast-paced, retail business.
- Broad knowledge of HR practices includingorganization design talent management, compensation, performance management,leadership development, coaching and employee relations, change management.
- Proven ability to be an effective credibleactivist influencing senior leaders; strong knowledge of supply chain/supportfunctions
- Ability to successfully lead, coach andsupport senior leaders through change.
- Demonstrated skills in assessing organizationtrends and developing function appropriate solutions.
- Strong coaching, counseling, oral and writtencommunication skills; ability to provide and receive feedback.
- Strong diagnostics skills (listening,probing, analyzing).
- Demonstrated sound judgment skills - abilityto assess risk and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implementcreative solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Experience with performance managementprocesses and tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to buildsuccessful partnerships.
- Able to manage competing priorities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of employee data and systems; solidanalytical skills.
- Project management skill or ability to easilyadapt to systematic thinking.
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to successfully work underpressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues. Composure.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs